SLAC News Center
Around the Bay
SLAC Today welcomes the submission of both story ideas
and story text. To submit a story idea, e-mail email@example.com.
If you would like to prepare text for submission, please first run
your story idea by the SLAC
Today staff. Then use the following guidelines:
- If a story is extremely urgent and is submitted by 3:00 p.m., we
may be able to run it in the next day’s issue. Otherwise, the
deadline for submission is 1:00 p.m. two days before publication.
- Write the text for a general audience; try not to use technical
vocabulary and keep the length to 250 words or less.
- Include graphics (jpegs or gifs) with your submission. High
resolution is not necessary for the web.
- Submit captions for the photos and graphics. If your photos
include people, please include their names, the names of the
institutions that the scientists work for and a brief description of
their roles in the experiment or story. Limit captions to two
- A complete article submission contains the following: headline,
author, text, photo or graphic, and photo captions.
- Submit your story to
firstname.lastname@example.org. We may edit your story for grammar. If
more significant revisions are necessary, we will send the revised
text back to you for approval.
Questions? Contact Shawne Workman at